Monday, March 23, 2015

Quick apple cake

Nothing could be easier than this recipe for quick apple cake.
It literally takes three ingredients: apples, a cake mix and butter.
I'm sure it would be just as good with any other fruit as well.
I had some apples that only tasted so-so and had been sitting on my counter.
I also happened to have an unused cake mix tucked away in my cupboard.
It seemed a perfect time to try the recipe out!


 If you're interested in trying it out for yourself, I found the recipe at the link above. I did adjust a few of the guidelines to suit my tastes and it turned out really well!
Here's what I did:
  •  Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F
  • Spray dish with non stick spray.
  • Slice apples into medium size bites and layer evenly, then sprinkle with a sugar/cinnamon mix
  • Evenly distribute half of a dry cake mix (I used a yellow cake mix) over the top
  • Melt half of a stick of butter then pour it evenly over the cake mix
  • Follow by adding a couple tablespoons of water to the parts of the mix that are still dry
  • Bake for 40-45 min.
  • Check halfway through baking.  If there are still portions that appear dry, add a bit more water and continue to bake.
  • Enjoy!

No comments: