Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Peanut Butter Fudge

Who doesn't love fudge? Sadly, it seems like a lot of people don't. But not my people.
I always loved when my Grandma made this fudge (and so did my Grandpa...) In fact, I begged for this recipe from my Grandma. She agreed to give it to me,  but then she told me she got it off the back of a Marshmallow Puff jar.
Oddly enough, I could have cared less, it's that good!
Here is the recipe that my Grandma gave to me, but again, there is a similar one on the back of the Marshmallow Creme jar too!

Peanut Butter Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) *DO NOT USE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
1 package chips (chocolate or peanut butter)
1 tsp vanilla
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
* Incidentally, I used condensed milk and cut out half the sugar. It did not turn out as well as it could have.

Instructions:
On the stove top mix sugar, butter and milk in a heavy 2.5 - 3 quart saucepan. Bring to boiling on medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes or until 125 degrees, still stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in chips until melted.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour into foil lined pan and allow to set before cutting into small squares. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Mmmmm. Why don't we live next door to each other? There are MANY reasons why it would be a good idea :) This is one of them, you could share your fudge.

Whitney said...

Oh! We would love to live next door! Who knows ;)