Saturday, May 5, 2012

Toil and Boil- brew and bubble...

If you were here two posts ago, you may recall I proclaimed my love of dark beers.  But I'll let you in on another little secret: I like other beers too.  I like them so much that I had a bit of a panic when Aaron told me we only had a little bit of beer left in one keg.  EH?! What?!
He planned on brewing some more so I asked if I could brew some too so that it would be ready for the coming summer.  My choice was a Honey Hefeweizen (which I thought I should name the 'Honey-don't Hef'....because "Honey" didn't brew this one-Ha ha!).  My wish was granted (or will be after 6 weeks of fermentation...)
So it started with this kit:


                                                                and this equipment:
burners and tanks

(my brewing socks)


AND my brewing instuctor

First water is warmed up then grains are added, and then?

                                                     And it ended up looking like this:
Then came the boiling, adding ingredients and stirring.
Fun.
After an hour, the ingredients are placed inside the white bucket to the left of me.
Then the ingredients ferment for 6 weeks.
The fermented ingredients then turn into real beer.  My beer!
It is as simple as that.
I can't wait to try it!

No comments: