Sunday, June 10, 2012

Makin' Banana Pancakes....

It's been quite some time since I last posted a recipe so I'm actually kind of excited to do so.
On hand I had two very ripe bananas, two eggs and some almond milk.
That's pretty much it.  Truth is, I need to visit the grocery store soon. 
Really soon.
But I also wanted to make a little breakfast for us since "lazy Sundays" have become a thing of the past.
And that is where Banana Pancakes come in.
The first time I had even heard of banana pancakes was in a Jack Johnson song (which I had to listen to while making these baby-cakes.)
Here.  You listen now.
I've never made them and never even had them, so this was truly an experimental recipe.
How would it taste? Were the bananas too ripe? Is this going to be a waste of time and dwindling supplies?
The end result was another delicious recipe to add to my stack of foods I want to make again.
Go ahead and give them a try! They are pretty delicious.  The recipe that follows is from AllRecipes.com, with a few added tweaks from me...

Banana Pancakes

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole-wheat flour)
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • a couple dashes of cinnamon
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • a dash of vanilla

Directions

  1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
  2. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
  3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

No comments: