Thursday, February 14, 2013

Boot can't

I did it! I did it! I really did it!
I managed to make it to every class but one (due to illness..) of the twice weekly, 6 week "boot camp" I joined at a local gym.
I lost a couple pounds and lost a couple inches and gained a lot of strength and a little more confidence!
Below is sheet of the fitness test we completed on week 1, 3 and 6.
I managed to improve in everything but the mountain climber.


Will I do it again?
Maybe.
After all, I did get stronger and in better shape, but...
I also feel like I pushed myself a little too hard at times.
I know that is probably the point of a class called boot camp.  I just don't think I really got that when I signed up for it!
In fact, I'm sure I pulled a few muscles (mostly on the left side, strangely enough) and have spent a few nights with aching muscles and not in a good way.
It was also something I had to get up very early for and for those not really acquainted with me, I hate mornings.
So while it was worth it for 6 weeks, I 'm not sure I'll take on that adventure again anytime soon.
I think I'll let my body rest up a bit and see how that feels.
Oh, and did I mention that I still really, REALLY hate burpees?

No comments: