Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ramblings...

I think it has to be said, that I am indeed getting worse at this blogging thing. I mean, it's been two whole months (AGAIN) since my last entry. Throughout this time, I've thought many times that maybe I should give this blog up, since I'm not really doing the job. But then I decided that since Fall is already here and Winter is right around the corner (it is already cold!) I will have plenty of time to do projects, make improvements on the house and possibly, just maybe write about them! And it's not a job for me. After all, it's supposed to be fun.

So today I felt like reconnecting with you and my blog. It's not because I have a lot to say and not because I have a lot to share, but because I miss keeping an account of what I've done: both small and large. And I miss hearing from my friends and family that I don't often get to see or talk to face to face. So this is my "Hello, how ya' been ?!" to everyone and everything.

You see, I think a big reason I've been quiet for quite some time is because I've been in a funk...An I- don't -want -to -do -anything funk. My life has been (and felt) very mechanical and boring, and who wants to share that. Lately, something has changed.  I don't even know what.  But now I want to move ahead and make as many improvements in as much stuff as possibly can. Talk about a 180!

As I haven't done anything (project wise) just yet to write about, I decided instead to catch us up (at least on my side). Since we last left off, I had injured my leg riding bikes. That actually rendered me pretty useless for close to 3 weeks. I had a lot of swelling, I had a lot of pain and I was not a nice person to be around. Needless to say, it hurt to move and I so I did as little as possible. That caught up to me. It's amazing the terrible shape you can get into by sitting around and eating everything (okay, no it's not...). So now I'm a little heavier(like I needed anymore weight added to my short stature...), a little more scared of riding bikes (mountain biking specifically brings me to tears) and have a pretty good size scar on my calf (I'm sure you'll see it in future outfit posts).

A couple of weeks ago, we took our bi-annual trip to Portland, this time to see the Lumineers.  It was one of the best, if not the best concert I have seen yet! They were so entertaining and GOOD live! They even came into the audience, set up a makeshift stage and played a song that way.  They even played some new songs from their new album they will be releasing. But first, there were two opening acts: Nathaniel Rateliff (pretty good!) and Dr Dog (not good at all....hated it!).  By the time the Lumineers got on stage we were ready, but sadly, my camera was not. I was only able to snag a couple pictures before it died. Here are a couple I did get (although one is blurry...)



 On that same trip, we also met up for brunch with my cousin, her hubby and new baby, went to several breweries (there are SO many in Portland!) and visited the Portland Japanese Gardens. Those gardens were amazing!



The gardens were peaceful and beautiful and made us want to incorporate some Japanese art and arrangement into our house and yard....so we'll see how that works out! Haha.

Then, just last weekend, Aaron participated in a bike race, called "cyclo-cross." Wikipedia explains it as this: " Cyclo-cross (sometimes cyclocross, CX, CCX, cyclo-X or 'cross) is a form of bicycle racing. Races typically take place in the autumn and winter (the international or "World Cup" season is October–February), and consist of many laps of a short (2.5–3.5  km or 1.5–2  mile) course featuring pavement, wooded trails, grass, steep hills and obstacles requiring the rider to quickly dismount, carry the bike while navigating the obstruction and remount.[1][2] Races for senior categories are generally between 30 minutes and an hour long, with the distance varying depending on the ground conditions. The sport is strongest in the traditional road cycling countries such as Belgium (Flanders in particular), France and the Netherlands."

It looks a little like this:




 It was rainy and cold, but a lot of fun to watch. Aaron had fun riding as well. I think we will both be there next year again.

And that is it for now! Today I'm home from work because I'm already sick and trying to get better before this weekend! I have things to do! Take care until next time.....



No comments: