Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Things I look forward to

Do not be afraid, ye of faint heart!  For this post is not about to get deeper than deep- it seems to worry friends and family when I "go there."  Instead, this post in reality shall remain quite shallow. 
You see, lately I've been looking forward, instead of behind.  In doing so, I've come across several things I just can't seem to wait for.
But before I start my little ramblings, how bout a song that I pretty much love right now?
I KNOW if any of you listen to any commercial radio stations, you've most likely heard it. 
But I still can't stop humming it:


And now for the things I look forward to:

FALL
Don't hate me, but the first thing I'm dying to see is Fall...no let's call it Autumn (it's so much more romantic that way.)  Overall, I am not a fan of Summer.  I'm tired of the heat and the blazing sun....it's just so hot!! Instead, I look forward to Autumn and what it holds for me: Crisp mornings and warm afternoons; kids preparing to go back to school and all the amazing school supplies waiting to be picked up in the stores; layering on clothing, grabbing a camera and some hot cider and taking in the amazing sights while walking through the crunching leaves; coming home, bundling up and eating some pumpkin pie and watching the new Fall lineup on TV.  That is Fall in a nutshell.

Who could get tired of this? via Pinterest
GROWING THE OL' HAIRS OUT
Not that you can tell, but I've always been a bit obsessed with my hair.  My motto as far as hair goes is to grow it out just to cut it short.  I'd like to say I'm 100% a short hair or long hair person, but in reality, I'm both, with a little love for the medium length as well.  And now? I'm choosing to be short/medium.
I miss curling my hair and doing things with it.  It has been short for quite some time now!


via Pinterest

As of today, this is kinda what I'm going for-but that could change anytime soon.
It always does.


TAKING A MUCH NEEDED TRIP
We haven't been on much of a trip since the early part of 2011.  Don't get me wrong, we have taken a few weekend trips here or there but none of them have quenched my thirst for travel.  Aaron and I have been talking over where we would like to go next.  Should we stick close to home or leave the country, or both?!
That's what we (and our checking account) are trying to decide.  A few options:
Canada
Alaska
or maybe go on a cruise somewhere a little more tropical

Virgin Islands are always an option...
LOSING WEIGHT...again
It is crazy how doing nothing, eating an awful lot and drinking beer regularly packs on the pounds.  But I am here to tell you it does.  I miss the energy and confidence I had when I was trying so hard almost a couple years ago now.  So here's to another year fighting the fight.  In roughly 6 months I will have another year of age to claim and another anniversary to celebrate.  Why not start both of those by feeling and looking good (or at least better). My goal is to be both healthy and way smaller than I am today.  Also to fit into every single article of clothing I've saved for when that day comes.  Here goes! Yay.

via..what else...Pinterest :)
That's it for now! I'll let you know when one of these things greets me first!
Have a good one!

No comments: