Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh, Deer!

I went on a field trip of sorts the other day in search of new territory (not my back yard) and new sights (again, not my back yard) to photograph.  I decided to drive across town to the lake and meandered through the park over there, then drove along a road that parallels it for a bit.  I saw several new things that were begging to be photographed. 

First, I spotted several deer lying down in a field next to someones house.  I pulled the car over and took pictures of them without them even caring. 

Thanks for the photo-op deer little friends.


Then, as I was pulling away from the deer, which were on the right side of my car, I looked to the left and saw this:

I thought, "are you serious?!"  This scene also seemed a little too posed.  But I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  So I pulled over again and took this picture from my car. 

I felt like a paparazzi of nature.  I got over it though and so did nature.

Anyway, I like to call this "the layer picture" because of all of the different layers: you see there is a goose layer, a grass layer, a water layer, a boat layer, then a hill layer, another hill layer and a mountain layer. 

See the layers?
Layer.
Layer.
Layer.

I apparently like the word layer.

I also like field trips.

Maybe I should do this more often.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Lovin the layers. Cool pics!