Saturday, February 25, 2012

The day-trippers

Gosh it feels good to get out of town, even if it is only for a day!
Despite wintry conditions and late starts, we managed to make it over the hill for Aaron to take care of a couple things, for me to kill time and shop a little while he was busy (but not for clothes....even though I went to Target, I know!? Right?!) then return to the Schoolhaus Brewhaus for a fantastic German lunch.
We had a super friendly and "sehr neidlich" (very cute) waitress named Heidi, who made the trip to the restaurant that much more enjoyable.  We can't wait to go back for dinner!
Check out the menu....


Here is what we ate and drank:
A delicious plate of Eintopf
(sausage, homemade sauerkraut with a creamy tomato
and bacon sauce over a bed of spatzle)....YUMMERS! 

2 pints of Optimator-a German beer
And Doner kebab- a german type of gyro


We were super pleased with the whole day.
We finished our lunch, drove home (all the while listening
AND
singing along to the Avett Brothers....mostly me).  Then we 
stopped by our favorite corner street market
to pick up some beers (Aaron)
and a new Moscato from Australia (me).

All things considered, I think the day went
over-the-moon well
and was just what both of us needed!
Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

Mmmmm... wish I had 'scratch and sniff' on my laptop screen right now! That looks delightful!