Friday, February 24, 2012

Lazy no more!

As mentioned in my last post, I have been lazy bones and I truly don't know what my problem has been.
Is it stress? Fatigue? Genetics?
So today when my alarm went off, I rolled over to Aaron and said "you make the call, are we getting up early or not?"
He said no.
(I thought "thank you, thank you, thank you....." and went back to sleep)
 I got to sleep in so late but still didn't want to get up.  Like ever.
Uh-oh....
But I did get up and decided to make something good for our un-official lazy day.
Enter Pear Streusel Breakfast Buns (my weekend name....just joking!)
These muffins came from a 'Magnolia Bakery' cookbook, so I was expecting amazing-ness.
After a whole hour of chopping and blending, this is what I ended up with:

Pear Streusel Breakfast Blobs

They turned out to be some very-un-amazing "muffins" that cooked over....ALL OVER the edges of the muffin pan AND my oven and burned, baby, burned.
So my next plan of action should've been to open every window in my smoked out house and clean my oven thoroughly, right?
Boo! Who wants to do that?
So instead Aaron and I went for a bike ride around our side of town.
The weather was beautiful and I look forward to doing it again!
But it couldn't last all day.  I had to face the music some time- the stove still had to be cleaned.
So I did.  Then ( to save you from a super boring post) I did a whole bunch of other stuff around the house!!!
I'm not only so proud of myself that I had to share but have also started a new project throughout the entire house:
"The simplify project"
(more on that later)
Lazy Whitney has been put to work!



No comments: