Banana and Peanut Butter Muffins
- 2 and 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c light brown sugar
- 2 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 c milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper cups.
2. Place the flour, oats and baking powder in a bowl, mix together and set aside. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, add the light brown sugar, mashed bananas, peanut butter and thee melted butter. Stir to mix, then add the milk and stir to combined. Add the dry ingredients and fold in gently, do not over mix.
3. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and bake for 18-24 minutes or until the tops spring back when gently touched. Allow to stand in the muffin pan for a minute before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
These muffins were filling enough to eat with a little butter on the side and a cuppa joe. They were pretty tasty!
We then went to meeting and decided afterwards to go for a hike while the weather is so nice! We had ulterior motives in doing the hike: 1) we want to get in shape and 2) we recently bought a new camera and have decided to try it and all of its' settings out. It was windy and a bit cold but overall a nice hike. Here are a few pics from our hike.
Hope you all have a great remaining Sunday!