Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh the places I could go...

if I wanted to.  January is over now and what do I have to show for it?  Darker circles under my eyes, a few more pounds that decided to take a nap on me and less time in the day to do what I really want to.  Other than those things, I really don't have a whole lot more to show for it, not really.  To be completely honest, it kind of makes me sad.  I was so optimistic about the new year and all of the exciting things to come with it. Then somewhere between now and then I lost my oomph....no wind in these sails. 
     I'm not sure if you've heard, but it's February and things are lookin' up for ol' Whitney.  Since Aaron has been laid off we've been able to spend more time together, especially over the weekend when I don't work.  We've been able to spend time with each other in service and today we took a quick, last-minute trip to Medford.  It was exactly what I needed.  I feel a little lighter and a lot less stir crazy just by getting out of our beautiful and amazing  (sarcasm...SARCASM) town for a day .  We had some of our dearest friends join us and we went everywhere.  We shopped, we ate, we tested beers, we shopped some more and came home.  It wasn't much but it was exactly what I needed.  Fun was had by all and we girls came home with some goodies.  Hope you are all doing well and having a delicious February so far! 

No comments: