Friday, July 1, 2011

The food And drink of Ireland (for us)

Since I'm a self proclaimed foodie, no trip would be complete with out food.  Good food that is. 
I'm sad to say that not every meal I tried in Ireland was the best breakfast/lunch/dinner I've ever had in my life.  Some of them couldn't even pass as good.
However a few of them were definitely something I want to eat again.
Since we most likely will not be returning to Ireland anytime soon, I plan on searching the web in order to obtain such recipes. 

I didn't get the chance to take a picture of every single meal we ate but here are a few I did manage to take some quick shots of before we devoured them.
I should also confess that I can't remember every detail of every meal (or even the name of the dish) so sometimes all there will be is a random picture.
Bon Appetit!

Fish and chips from the Royal Crown in Belfast. 


White fish combined with bell peppers, onions and a cream sauce.
Delicious!




Aaron's first burger of the trip.  He said it was good.



Sweet goat cheese tart with caramelized onions over a bed of greens with a sweet sauce.  It was delicious and I hope to make it again.





Kilbeggan whiskey from Locke distillery.  Sooo smooth and it went down easy.  Lovely.

Our first (and last) complimentary pint of Guinness from the rooftop bar at St. James Gate.

More fish and chips and the BEST dish I had: Guinness beef pie.  It had so much flavor and I would like to make it too!



No comments: