Thursday, December 29, 2011

Drumroll please....

 I've been thinking a whole lot lately about being better with my spending habits.
Much better.
All of the sudden the brilliant and challenging idea of a 100 day stretch of retail detox (as I've been following on Unpretentious Teacher) came into mind.
I had an Aha! moment. 
In fact the opening statement of her blog post declaring her retail detox idea and the reason behind it really hit home.  She said "I have a lot of clothes.  I don't have a lot of money. I have some debt.  I would probably have a lot of money and zero debt  if I didn't spend it on clothes." 
Talk about hitting the nail on the head!
So starting today, I've decided to embark upon this journey myself.
My last day of the challenge will be April 9, 2012.
I will not shop for clothes or accessories from anywhere. period.
(unless I need nylons, socks or undies....some things take priority here...)
I simply do not need the rest of them.
Want is a different matter and that is what I'm trying to teach myself: the difference between true need and want, especially in the area of clothing.
 Every once in a while I hope to keep you posted about this ongoing challenge and how I'm really doing.
Talk about a shock to my system!
But like they say, go big or go home.
Either way, I guess I'll be doing both.

No comments: