Friday, January 13, 2012

Put a scarf on it!

Previous outfit posts have been from a couple of my "dressed up" days.
But the outfit that follows is my typical go-to outfit: T-shirt, jeans and a smirk.
What can I say? I live in a very small town where there is little need to dress up all the time.
However, I've seen enough fashion blogs to know that I could do a bit better with my usual outfit with the help of some accessories.
AND...since no new shopping will be done for a couple of months I figured I should dive deep into my closet and see what I could pull out to make a pretty boring outfit just a little more interesting.


So step one was to add a scarf to the mix.  In fact this has become my number one rule: When in doubt, just put a scarf on it and it will make the outfit look way more pulled together.  As a result I own at least 20 different scarves and really do love every one of them.

Earrings: Local shop; T shirt: K mart; Vest: Eddie Bauer;
Scarf: Made by me; Jeans: JCP and Shoes: Converse
Then I added my "all purpose" vest and a pair of turquoise earrings for contrast.
And voila! - The epitome of dressy casual for a small town girl.

No comments: