Sunday, March 25, 2012

No bake cookies

Aaron has mentioned several times this month that he would like some cookies.  I would always agree but would do nothing.....that is until tonight.
I have felt oh so lazy lately and didn't feel like starting a cookie that took longer than 10 minutes from the start to the tasty end. That's why these cookies popped into my mind.
I've always really liked "No-bake cookies" when friends have made them but never made any of my own.  Now that I know how little effort goes into them?  I super love them.
I did a quick search on the Internet and found a recipe that had all of the ingredients I had at home. 
In case you don't want to follow that link (trust me you do to see all of her other goodies) here is the recipe.  The reason I really like this one is that it only makes 12 cookies- just right for 2 little people.

They aren't pretty but they are pretty good....bahaaha!

No bake cookies (makes 12)
3 tbsp butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup creamy PB
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups quick oats
  1. Melt the butter then remove from the heat
  2. Stir in the cocoa, sugar and salt until well blended then stir in the milk.  Bring the mix to a boil and remove from the heat.
  3. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and quick oats.
  4. Then drop the mix by the spoonful onto a cookies sheet
  5. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
  6. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

You'll like this recipe too... http://witandwhistle.com/2012/02/16/healthy-no-bake-cookies/
Just made it tonight for the first time (thinking alike?) And they are really good and even easier than the stove top ones. Plus guilt free... I made the oat bran option. and if you can't find chia seeds I don't think it would matter. They don't add flavor just nutrition.

Whitney said...

Too funny Jessie! I actually looked at that recipe first (Melissa mentioned one with agave nectar and I found it..)but the chia seeds scared me a bit..so I searched for the ones I made. I'll have to give them a try!

melissa311 said...

Uuuuhhhh, 12 cookies? Not enough!! lol, There's no bake bars that are similar to these (but different). Jessie tried it I think but I haven't heard how they were yet!

Whitney said...

@melissa311....lol...well if I could I would eat WAY more than 12, but I know I shouldn't so try to keep myself in check. Sometimes. A little....