Aaron has mentioned several times this month that he would like some cookies. I would always agree but would do nothing.....that is until tonight.
I have felt oh so lazy lately and didn't feel like starting a cookie that took longer than 10 minutes from the start to the tasty end. That's why these cookies popped into my mind.I've always really liked "No-bake cookies" when friends have made them but never made any of my own. Now that I know how little effort goes into them? I super love them.
I did a quick search on the Internet and found a recipe that had all of the ingredients I had at home.
In case you don't want to follow that link (trust me you do to see all of her other goodies) here is the recipe. The reason I really like this one is that it only makes 12 cookies- just right for 2 little people.
|They aren't pretty but they are pretty good....bahaaha!|
No bake cookies (makes 12)
3 tbsp butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup creamy PB
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups quick oats
- Melt the butter then remove from the heat
- Stir in the cocoa, sugar and salt until well blended then stir in the milk. Bring the mix to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and quick oats.
- Then drop the mix by the spoonful onto a cookies sheet
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes