Sunday, March 4, 2012

The "simplify-like-a-guy" project

For quite some time, I've felt wasteful, greedy and stressed in my every day life as a result of buying or receiving more than I've really needed.
In the past I only noticed these feelings as I would collect bags of clothes I no longer wanted/liked and take them to goodwill.
But now I've become even more aware of this guilt since I've been doing the 100 day "retail-detox."
(for those not familiar: no shopping of any kind for clothes or accessories) 
Not only is my closet full of "unnecessary" (but still equally adored) clothes, but the more I looked around I realized: my house harbors a lot of "unnecessary".  So does my life for that matter.
The truth is I didn't really need most of what I have now.
Because of this startling revelation, I've decided to baby-step-it-backwards, if you will, to the goal of having less possessions....not more.
I realize I may be the only person in this country trying to do this right now, but it's something I have to do for me.
I want to such things as use up all of the skin/hair/body/makeup products I have before buying/trying any more. As a result I want to end up with a core of favorite products. Simple.
Is it really that difficult to only have and use one shampoo, one conditioner and one shaving cream?
I don't think so anymore and I'm guessing most of the men in our life wouldn't think so either.  After all,  they only use shampoo, soap and toothpaste to get ready in the morning.
Thus the idea to simplify like a guy.
I also plan on cleaning out my "crap room" and the rest of my house and ridding the entire thing of clutter.
I'm hoping what's left over will be used more and be turned in to necessities.
I realize this is going to be a long-term project but I'm feeling it's more than necessary right now.
Join me as I drop the added weight from my life...

pinterest




No comments: