Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simplify

I have a few days off from work this week and decided to travel nowhere.  Instead I chose a stay-cation (I kinda hate that word but love what it means: taking pleasure from my everyday life in a super everyday setting..my home, my town.)

This time though, I wrote out a list of things to do while at home so that I did something other than blog-hop and shop.  Not that I do that with every time off....nope.  Not me.
Anyhoo, I chose to write, then complete such things as:
  • cut out pajama pants
  • manicure/pedicure
  • clean out closet/donate
  • work out on Monday, Tuesday, Wed (you get the idea and so far it has worked to keep me motivated)
  • thrift
There is a much bigger list, but I thought I'd give you a little idea how lazy I am and how much I need a check off list to do anything.  As you can see I've completed some of them and am sure I will not complete others as they've been on previous lists over and over again.

But guess what happened as a result of completing my closet clean-out-and-donate project?   I came to the shocking realization that I DO NOT need any more clothes.  In fact, I like every single piece of clothing left in my closet and have enough to re-create several thousand different outfits.  I would like to wear more of my clothing more often instead of buying something new on a whim.

Just to check that I really got it though, I went to several stores with that knowledge in the back of my mind and came home......wait for it..... empty handed.  I know! I was just as shocked as you are.

So I'm going to clean out what I affectionately refer to as my "crap-room" (scrap and craft room hybrid for those not sure what I'm talking about.) I'm going to get rid of the things I've either never used or realistically won't use again.  Then I will use up and enjoy what I already own before I purchase anything else.


My new motto- via pinterest
 Shocking, isn't it?

No comments: