Friday, March 18, 2011

Not my typical evening

     Things have been quiet on the blogging front lately. It seems I haven't written anything new.  Sorry.  Alas!  It's Friday and it has been a pretty good one at that!  After a busy day of service....all day mind you, we met some friends at the Portland St. Mkt.  I've mentioned this little place before in reference to their large selection of beers.  Tonight however, there was something special there-at least for our little town.  Tonight was wine tasting night.  They not only featured 6 different wines from various vineyards, but they also offered a very good dinner...all for only $10/person.  Let's see, there was a few Chardonnays, some other white ones and some red ones (you'll have to excuse me I'm still wine-stupid).  Surprisingly, I found one that I liked.  It was white (gasp) and wasn't sweet (double gasp.)  The name? Chardonnay from Tangley Oaks.  I'm sorry to report that the other wines did not impress me and I'm even sorrier to tell you that I don't remember the names of the other.  I'll try to keep better track next time.
     But I was able to chat with the owner and explain to her that I am still trying to find wines I enjoy and try some out. In turn she asked me what wines I did like and I rambled on about my typical wine choices.  She then directed me to several wines and "highly" recommended them.  They're supposedly not too dry and low on tannins.  Also, we learned the higher the alcohol volume, the sweeter the wine?  I think that's right.  Anyway, me being the loyal customer, hung on her every word and decided to buy a couple of wines....very reasonably priced mind you.  Here they are:


 I haven't tried them but will let you know what I think of them later. Okay?  Okay.

Up next month is beer tasting.  We are soooo going to be there.

No comments: