Friday, April 29, 2011

Shadow catching

Ever since I can remember, I've been drawn to shadows: shadow puppets, my shadow on the sidewalk, shadows cast on walls. 
Maybe it's because every time I see a shadow I'm reminded of Peter Pan and his shadow.  Here's a bit of the shadow experience from James M. Barrie's 'Peter Pan':
"O Peter, no wonder you were crying," she said, and got out of bed and ran to him. 
I wasn't crying about mothers," he said rather indignantly. "I was crying because I can't get my shadow to stick on. Besides, I wasn't crying."
"It has come off?"
"Yes."
Then Wendy saw the shadow on the floor, looking so draggled, and she was frightfully sorry for Peter. "How awful!" she said, but she could not help smiling when she saw that he had been trying to stick it on with soap. How exactly like a boy!


 This shadow happened to visit me in my dining room area.  It came from my mini-chandelier.

No comments: