Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wine update

I haven't cooked much.  It's true.  While I'm spilling my guts I should also tell you that the several times I did cook, once again I failed to take a picture of it to share in a post.  Sorry! So, I thought I would let you know about some of the wines I've tried.  Since the post last month I've tried both bottles I bought. 

 


Both the J. Lohr and Lambrusco wines were good red wines.  Neither were as sweet and I thought they would be, but they were both a good introduction to mellow AND smooth wines, with no harsh tastes.  You know what I'm talking about......Right?

I was also able to try a couple other wines that I really enjoyed and could finish off all by my lonesome...but I didn't.  Not this time.  Meet a couple of them:


This moscato was de-licious!  It was sweet, bubbly and I loved it.  In fact I wish I had a bottle right now!



     I must admit the only reason I bought this wine was because I really liked the label (isn't that a good way to choose a wine...by the label art?) AND it was cheap.  Hello Grocery Outlet.  Any-Hoo, it turned out to be great!  It was labeled as a white zin but was actually pink.  I don't know what that means, if it is usually a pink shade or really what I'm talking about, but I really felt like I should tell you.  It was also sweet, but not at the level of a desert wine.  Still good though. 
     There you have it!  My take on wines.  In addition to working harder on taking more pictures, I'll have to learn to explain wine better.  There really has to be a better way.  Stick with me...I'll work on it.

No comments: