Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 12

{something I'm OCD about}
I feel day 12 would be more appropriate if it said " something I'm not OCD about."  I have a boat load of things that I obsess over, but for the sake of day 12, I will discuss the first thing that popped into my noggin: GERMS (eek!!!!!)  Who knew that the little girl who kissed worms and picked her nose (wasn't me....I don't know who you're talking about....) would be so squeamish, so petrified of germs.  When I sit in front of people who cough and sound like they are trying to hack up a lung, I become concerned.  When I see someone wipe their kids nose and place the tissue on the table in front of me, I want to scream.  One little hair in my food?  May as well have served me a whole plate of hair and then proceed to drop that plate right in the trash.  Needless to say, I have turned into a bit of a germ-a-phobe.  I'm the freaky individual who uses hand sanitizer after every public handle and handshake I come into contact with.  Yes, I'm one of those people.  The sayings "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" and " what you don't know won't hurt you" confuse me even more in my struggle of me vs. bacteria.  Sometimes, what doesn't kill you doesn't actually kill you at that moment but could down the road AND if I unknowingly touch a handle right after a snotty nosed kid or adult has, that doesn't mean I won't get their raging cold because I don't know about it.  I have a point right?  I rest my case.  Who came up with these things anyway?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your not OCD on this subject, cause dang!
This is a hereditary possession of dental assistants, don't feel bad just change your occupation.