Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 15

{Dream House}
Well the answer is definitely NOT the one we're in now.  I'll leave it at that.  My dream house is honestly not too large but big enough.  It's actually a chalet style.  Years ago I saw a floor plan of a 2 story chalet at the Running Y Ranch.  I don't like the appearance of the exterior of the ones I saw there, but I really liked the inside.  From the main entrance you walk directly into the large family room.  In the great room are large windows and a stone fire place in the corner.  On the main floor on the opposite side of the great room are the kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms, a bath in between the 2 bedrooms and a laundry room.  The thing I loved about this plan was the upstairs.  It's actually only the master bedroom with a walk in closet, private bath and loft right off the stairs and outside of the bedroom.  I think that would be a perfect place for an open office/library.  Of course I would tweak a few things, like the garage being connected to the house with a door right into the laundry room, a wrap around deck, dark natural woods as opposed to light, bleached wood, and a larger kitchen to name a few.  I would love to have the house set in the woods, with a stream nearby and some mountains behind us.  Here's the link of the plan I liked: http://www.runningy.com/pdf/RY-FP-PelicanSprings.pdf  
     Maybe I'll be able to have something like this in the future!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Designing a house is so fun to do. I hope to be able to continue doing this in the future. Of course they need to last at least 1000 years each. Cause to span 1,000,000 years it will take 1000 houses! I have designed several homes for only the joy of it. Here is a site you might like to see.
http://www.alpineswitzerland.com/property-search/2_chalets
Maybe we can brain storm someday just for fun.

jennifer said...

In the new system, I think I my have to steal that plan ;)!