Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A penny saved is a penny earned

So after I went back to the dark side and started shopping again, I felt like the sky was the limit.  I went to several full price retail stores after the "initial purchase" at Goodwill in search of things from my Fall wish list.
The surprising thing is that each time I went into a store, I came out empty handed- even at Ross Dress for Less. 
What has changed?
Well, it seems I'm finding it really difficult to justify buying clothes at full price when I know I can find it cheaper at a resale store....or Goodwill OR tweak an existing article of clothing in my closet into what I want OR buy something from Goodwill on the cheap and tweak it.
The possibilities are endless!
(this does not mean I'm swearing off full-priced clothing, just probably buying less of it)

In fact here's a dress I picked up at Goodwill not too long ago:
Dress: Thrifted from Goodwill
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Wal mart
Shoes: Payless shoes

No comments: