Saturday, September 10, 2011

School is now in session....

Can you feel the chill in the air when you wake up in the mornings?  I can.  In fact as soon as my bare feet hit the bare floors of our house it sends a small chill from the tip of my toes to the top of my head reminding me that Fall is just around the corner.  It should be here by now, but temperatures are still pretty high and keep pushing it away.  I'm not complaining, just letting the universe know I'm ready for it.

I've mentioned before how much I look forward to Fall for the things I enjoy about it now- as a pseudo-adult.  But as Fall rolls around, it also reminds me of the first days of school and how much I loved what the first day of school meant for me: shopping (are you surprised by this?!)
In fact, I think my love of shopping reared it's trendy little head at an early age because for me, I was more excited about shopping for school than actually going to school.  Go figure!
First of all, we would shop for the school supplies.  I usually got a new back pack, folders, binders, pens and pencils, etc. and I would put all of my newly acquired supplies in my back pack just to take them out to look at again.
  I couldn't wait to put them to use!
Then came the clothes. Oh sweet clothes!  My family would usually drive over the hill to shop all day (literally all day....I loved it!) and I would meticulously pick out my clothing for the school year. After getting home, I would lay all of my clothes out on my bed to survey my purchases and decide on the outfit for the first day of school.
It couldn't look like I tried too hard to put an outfit together, but I also couldn't wear just any old clothes.
They had to be just right and in my opinion, they usually were.

My school days are over, but my desire to go back-to-school shopping has not left me yet.  As I walk by the aisles in stores filled with school supplies I have to look away so that I'm not pulled in my the sirens of the school aisle, calling to me to pick up some new folders and pens while I'm at it.
The same goes for the clothing shopping.  Back to school Whitney always asks me: "Isn't this the time of year you need to pick up some new pants, shirts, shoes (fill in the blank with any article of clothing here......you get the point.)?"
But pseudo-adult Whitney has to remember that I don't need any of this.
I just really want it.

So in the spirit of back-to-school and to honor back-to-school Whitney, here is my list of pseudo-adult Whitney's fall wants:


Red pants

Brown boots to wear with my dresses or pants

A Turquoise necklace

Some crazy colored tights

Oh look...brown boots!
 Belts, belts and more belts

Red Scarf and


an Orange scarf

Oh! More brown boots!  I'm sensing a theme.

And that, in a nutshell, is my list of fall wants!

Who wants to go back-to-school shopping with me now?

( P.S. All photos are from pinterest and I already picked up a cheetah print belt to start me off...)

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

When you start your "back to school" shopping and want some company... call me, I'm so there!
Also, let me just say you NEED a pair of those way to cute yellow tights, A.S.A.P as possible!