Saturday, August 27, 2011

Neutral base with a POP of color- Day 13

I feel like so many of these challenges would have been a bit easier if I only had a turquoise necklace.  I can't tell you how many times I thought just that: "If only I had a turquoise necklace."
Well I don't have one yet, but trust me....I've been on the lookout.

In case you were wondering, these are what I've been ogling and googling a lot lately:
(my husband may become jealous soon..)


via



via

Today's outfit is no exception.
It is as neutral and blah as I could think of and I know a turquoise necklace would've been that "pop" the outfit needed.
Instead I turned to a scarf and turquoise earrings as my pop of color.


Scarf and Cardigan: Maurices; Earrings: Local store;
Tank: Romy; Skirt: Goodwill

In the end I generally don't love it.  I don't even know if I really like it.
I kind of look like my Kindergarten teacher from over 20 years ago and I KNOW I don't like that.
Sorry Mrs. M.


2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I think the top part looks great, but with the skirt, I can tell why you don't like it. Always a frustration of mine because maxi skirts are supposed to be in style!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Those are pretty necklaces you're ogling. That second one is really fun!